New Promotional Product ideas for Fall of 2018 are now unveiled!
The promo industry thrives on new ideas. Here are 5 new ones set to rock the promo world.
Promotional products (aka Swag) is a 27 Billion US dollar industry currently going through a major sea change, metamorphing from a catalog based, slow moving print and promotions business to now a primarily web-based business working on short retail type cycles with ideas rapidly coming on scene and almost just as fast, vanishing.
Distributors. Do you feel out of touch with your client, stuck?
This is a pretty common feeling amongst distributors and not without good reason. The average ASI distributor is 57 years old while the average end user buyer is 35. This has come as a result of ASI not doing a good enough job recruiting new people into the industry and at the same time millenials are moving into business in ever increasing numbers.
“By 2025 50% of the US workforce will be occupied by the millenials while the average age of ASI distributors will be 59-62. No wonder distributors feel lost!”
Promo Motive is bucking the trend from other legacy suppliers by bringing you newly emerging trends and innovative promotional ideas. Here are what we see as the top 5 for Fall 2018. For samples, prices and imprint info call us at 1-888-908-1481 or email John@promocrunch.com.
#1 for Fall 2018 is the Collapsible Last Straw: the Last Straw you will ever need.
#2 for Fall 2018 is the PPR Wallet. Rip proof, water proof, fully imprintable and 100% recyclable. Millenials love it.
#3 for Fall 2018 is the POP phone grip. Got a smart phone, your client will need one.
#4 for Fall 2018 is Sublimated Socks. Get your logo on these cool socks and become the center of attention.
#5 for Fall 2018 is the Key Smarter key organization system. Get rid of the ring and sort out those bulky keys.
https://promocrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Logoheader1800x130.jpg00adminhttps://promocrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Logoheader1800x130.jpgadmin2018-06-18 13:08:092018-06-18 13:08:13New promotional product ideas for Fall 2018 unveiled
Like the famed crystal ball gazing , now dearly departed Jeane Dixon, I have become known as the prognosticator of promo, the soothsayer of swag the ESP of ASI and each year we make bold predictions as to what will be hot in the promo world in 2018.
This years predictions are as follows:
#3 EDC Multi Tools: This category has been around for a while but now takes on a new twist with the millenial buyer. A generation who grew up without analog tools and in a totally digital world has recently embraced the idea of a physical gadget (most noticably last years fidget spinner craze). What does EDC mean? Check it out!
#2 Custom Socks: Socks, yup the last bastion for logos is now a huge trend at retail. With media stars like Ellen sporting her own line of uber popular custom socks this fashion musthave is moving fast into the promotional world.
custom promotional socks for b2b marketing
#1 Phone Grips: The days of the selfie stick are now relegated to the dustbin of promo history and anyone using one is seen as a fleek nerd-baiter! With advance in phone camera making for great pics to be taken with a shorter focal length these little phone POP’s are our #1 predicted winner.
pop phone grip and pop out media stand
https://promocrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/promo-predictions-2018.jpg900800adminhttps://promocrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Logoheader1800x130.jpgadmin2017-12-29 06:20:472017-12-29 06:20:47Top 3 Promo Predictions for 2018
Now that Chinese New Years is Over The Fun Really Begins! Here’s Why!
1- 15% of all returning workers DON’t RETURN! There is such a shortage of workers in China that upon return from the holidays, 15% don’t.
2- At the train station, bus stations and airports HUNDREDS of Job Bureau Reps stand at the exit. They walk up to returning workers and ask them..”What do you do, how much do you make? Want to make more? Come with me!” Sounds INSANE but it is true.
3. Awaiting at the office is the last 3 weeks worth of orders to be entered and produced. Yikes! My advice…Get Your Orders In Early.
Promo Crunch. We are the experts in designing and delivering custom shaped promotional products. Avoid the pain and risk, trust Promo Crunch.
The impact of Chinese New Years on the delivery of promotional products
https://promocrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/chinese-new-years-2017-ends.jpg900650adminhttps://promocrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Logoheader1800x130.jpgadmin2017-02-03 20:25:552017-02-22 23:13:38Chinese New Years is Over. Now What?
Each year the Chinese New Years disrupts business and lives like no other holiday on the planet. Imagine Christmas, Hannukah, Ramadan and Thanksgiving all rolled into one 3 week long bender and you get CNY.
Factory Closures January 20th- Feb 10th 2017
Promo Crunch deals direct with factories in China to deliver unique promotional products. Each year the world’s largest holiday throws a wrench into business and trade around the world.
We are often asked to explain why….here goes.
The reason and facts about Chinese New Years are unknown to many of here in the West…so this blog post will give you a simple explanation which might help you to explain to your customers why the holiday is so disruptive.
1)…..China is the most populous country in the world with 1.25 BILLION people. That is 4 times the population of the USA living in about the same area as the USA. It is 40 times the population of Canada!
2) Most people in China work in TRADE ZONES….these are large industrial areas (such as Shenzhen) . A TRADE ZONE is where cities and areas were built 30-40 years ago by the Chinese Govt to concentrate certain types of industry in one area. Shenzhen is electronics.
3) 35 years ago Shenzhen had a population of 100,000 people, mostly farmers. Now, Shenzhen is a city of 25 million with 100 Million living in the surrounding area. The total area of Shenzhen is about the size of Southern California from Los Angeles to San Diego!
4) Most people living in Shenzhen (and the other major centers) have moved there from the country-side of rural China…… If you were to look at Miami on a USA map…or Newfoundland on a map of Canada…think of that as Shenzhen….then think of Seattle in the USA or Whitehorse in Canada and imagine that many people living in Shenzhen originally come from Seattle or Whitehorse (or somewhere along that route).
5) Come Chinese New Years…(or close to the actual holiday)….100’s of millions of people (yes 100’s of millions) get on the train or in their cars and go home……most cannot afford to fly home (domestic airlines are expensive) so they drive for 2-5 days or train for the 3-4 days….just to get home for New Years.
6) The best way to think of this is imagine EVERYONE in the USA leaves work and gets in their car or takes a train to travel a minimum of 500-1000 miles. That is a pretty close idea of the chaos!
7) Once they get back home, (after 2-5 days of travel) about 15% of the all of the people who went home for the holiday…DO NOT RETURN…..they don’t phone in and say they are not coming back…they just DON’T RETURN!
8) So….after the holidays…employers are scrambling to get new employees to fill the roles of those who did not return. There is even a NEW business that has cropped up after the holiday to capture the returnees……Job Catchers…these are people who stand at the train stations and ask returning workers A) What do you do?..and B) How much do you make?…..They then offer these returnees (right there and then) another job at a better wage..(and then drive them to the new factory or place of work)….a full 5-7% of people returning back actually start a NEW JOB!
9) The actual holiday is January 28th in 2017, but it effects are felt well in advance and well after the holiday….and oh yeah…almost forgot…
10) In September and October (9 months after CNY) there is a baby boom….spouses who have not seen each other except for CNY get pregnant and then in the Autumn the woman goes home to have the baby….
So…..next time a client asks you why………send them this blog…..and it will help….
https://promocrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/chinese-new-years-2017-explained.jpg333667adminhttps://promocrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Logoheader1800x130.jpgadmin2016-12-24 21:03:472017-08-15 16:27:47Chinese New Years 2017 Explained
chinese new years dates and impact 2017 promotional products
Nothing strikes more fear into the hearts of marketers everywhere than Chinese New Years (or CNY for short!)
CNY is China’s major domestic holiday and even though the calendar only says it last 5 days the reality is much different.
This year….the date of CNY is Saturday January 28th but the reality is the factories will be closed from the 20th of January until around Feb 7th or 8th.
You have been warned 🙂
https://promocrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/chinese-new-years.jpg900650adminhttps://promocrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Logoheader1800x130.jpgadmin2016-12-08 19:06:262017-08-15 16:26:43CHINESE NEW YEARS: Dates and info 2017.